TRAIL A MATE JACK
Emergency repairs, tyre changing, and even hitching your camper trailer to (or detaching it from) your car, are part and parcel of any road trip. With the right equipment, you can reduce at least some of the associated hassle. The Trail-a-Mate jack is a handy caravan accessory designed with this very end in mind. This innovative product works as a hydraulic jockey wheel which can transform into a solid base jack when required. The 2-in-1 unit is capable of supporting a total weight of 1000kg and is compatible with most standard-height and off-road caravans. Packaging multiple functions into one easy-to-use mechanical device, the Trail-A-Mate kit essentially consists of a hydraulic jack on a shaft, which can be fitted to either a jockey wheel base or a lifting clamp, depending on the function you want the unit to serve.
A base plate and jacking brackets are provided with the kit, along with a convenient instructions manual that serves as a guide on assembling and disassembling its various configurations. When not in use as a jack, the unit can be refitted with the jockey wheel and attached to the jockey wheel clamp of your caravan’s A-frame. The Trail A Mate has a minimum height of 145mm, which can be extended to a maximum of 780mm by means of its release valve and handle. Spare parts are easily available to replace any of its components.
- 2-in-1 convertible hydraulic jockey wheel and lifting jack
- Supports a total safe load of 1000kg
- Compact, intelligent design that allows for easy assembly and disassembly of parts
- Can be attached to a caravan’s existing A-frame jockey wheel clamp (50mm), when not in use as a jack
- Offers generous lifting range of 380mm
- Supplied as a kit consisting of a hydraulic jack on shaft, jockey wheel base, lifting clamp, base plate and brackets
- Built with easily replaceable components
- WLL: 1000kg load rating
- Sturdy construction and built to last
- Comes with a built in safety lock
- Base plate
- Lifting clamp
- Jacking bracket
- Jacking handle
- Wheel only
- Replacement parts are available
- Suits standard height and offroad models
- There are 4 positions for the clamp on the 500mm outer shaft plus the lift height of 380mm
- Suits standard 50mm clamps
- This jack should be used on level and firm ground where possible.
- It’s recommended that the wheels of the caravan be chocked.
- No person should remain in a caravan supported by a jack.
- The caravan should be attached to your towing vehicle.
- No person should place any portion of their body under a caravan supported by the jack only.
- If you have to work underneath, use support stands as well as your jack. It is not uncommon to be changing tyres or inspecting the undercarriage on the side of roads where conditions will most likely be less than perfect. Unstable, soft or slight gradients can cause your jack to slip or sink – You don’t want to be underneath without extra support stands in any case.
Call one of our friendly staff today if you have any questions regarding the Trail-A-Mate Hydraulic Jack.